Soba Noodle and Beef Stir FryBy · Apr 30 2011 · Comments
- 1.5 LB’s Beef Sirloin cut into ¼” slices
- 4 tablespoons plum sauce, available in the Asian food section of most grocery stores
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 carrots, shaved and julienned
- 8 ounces green beans, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1.5 cups cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, available in the Asian food section of most grocery stores
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon flour
-10.5 ounce package buckwheat/soba noodles
Combine the beef, 2 tablespoons of the plum sauce, the soy sauce and the scallions in a bowl and cover. Marinate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package instruction. Drain and toss with a touch of oil.
Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large wok. Add the carrots, green beans and cabbage. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the ginger, garlic and bean sprouts. Continue to cook for 2 minutes before adding the remaining 2 tablespoons of plum sauce, the beef stock and the sweet chili sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer over low heat. Mix the butter and flour together in a small bowl. Whisk the flour/butter mixture into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
While the sauce is simmering, remove the meat from the refrigerator. Heat a large sauté pan over medium- high heat and add the meat and the marinade. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer the meat and the residual liquids in the pan to the wok. Fold the noodles into the wok as well. Increase the heat to medium-high heat and thoroughly toss the noodles with the sauce and the meat. Spoon into bowls, top with some chopped scallions and serve.